Spraying chickens with disinfectant is the main method to reduce (or eliminate) pathogenic microorganisms in the chicken coop. It is an important part of the comprehensive prevention and control measures of the chicken farm and an effective means to control the small environmental pollution and disease transmission in the chicken coop.
Spraying chickens with disinfectant can effectively purify the air in time, create a good chicken coop environment, inhibit ammonia production, effectively kill pathogenic microorganisms in the air and living environment of the chicken coop, eliminate hidden diseases, and achieve the purpose of disease prevention.
The disinfectant for chicken house must be broad-spectrum, high-efficiency, strong, non-toxic, harmless, less irritating and non-corrosive.
For example, iodine preparations, iodic acid preparations, organochlorine preparations, ionic surfactants, etc., peroxacin, antitoxin, promethacin, peroxyacetic acid or sodium hypochlorite, and some compound high-efficiency disinfectants are all good chicken coop disinfectants.
Generally, those irritating disinfectants, such as caustic soda, formaldehyde, and glutaraldehyde, are not used. The quality of disinfectant in poultry farm in the market is uneven, and customers need to be cautious in choosing them. It is best to use disinfectants from well-known brands.
(1) Before spraying chickens with disinfectant, the spider webs on the roof, walls, dust, chicken feathers and feces from the passages of the chicken coop should be removed to reduce the existence of organic matter, so as to improve the disinfection effect and save the amount of medicine.
(2) Drink water-soluble multivitamins and vitamin C to the chickens within 12 hours before disinfection, and add probiotics to the feed.
(3) Increase the temperature in the chicken coop, which should be 2 degrees to 4 degrees higher than the conventional standard, so as to prevent the temperature drop caused by the disinfectant spray, which will make the chickens cold and cause the chickens to become sick.
(4) The temperature of the disinfectant solution should be higher than the temperature in the chicken coop. The general temperature is 38 to 40 degrees Celsius.
(5) Prepare the sprayer for disinfection. First, clean the sprayer and adjust the size of the spray and droplets.
(6) It is best to carry out livestock disinfectant products at noon when the temperature is high. In daily life, you should choose to carry out disinfectant spraying when the lights are dimmed or when the chickens are quiet after turning off the lights to prevent fright of chickens, which may the chickens to flap and squeeze.
(7) Before disinfectant spray, arrange the windows and doors properly, and close the windows and doors appropriately according to the season, climate and the temperature and air volume of the external environment to increase the disinfection effect.