Pig pen disinfection is to eliminate or reduce pathogens on tools, instruments, animal surface and environment. The purpose of disinfection is to control and eliminate pathogens transmitted from infectious sources to the external environment, so as to cut off the route of transmission, protect susceptible animals, control the spread of diseases and improve air quality. What are the types of pig pen disinfectants? Let's have a look!
1. Iodine preparation pig pen disinfectant
1) At present, iodine and iodophor are commonly used and widely used in production. Both have the advantages of good sterilization effect and strong killing effect on bacteria, viruses, protozoa, molds and spores.
2) The disadvantage of iodine preparation is that it is easy to decompose under light, and the products used need to be kept away from light. Iodine preparations are commonly used in pig farms to disinfect skin and wounds, or for personnel disinfection channels and hand washing disinfection. Povidone iodine is also often used to disinfect empty fences, vehicles, utensils, etc.
2. Aldehyde preparation pig pen disinfectant
1) Formaldehyde and glutaraldehyde disinfectants are commonly used. Glutaraldehyde has a light smell and formaldehyde is more stimulating, but formaldehyde has strong bactericidal effect and penetration ability. Formaldehyde has a good effect on bacteria, viruses and even spores. In view of the light taste of glutaraldehyde and the stimulating taste of formaldehyde, formaldehyde is mostly used for soaking and fumigation, and glutaraldehyde is mostly used for environmental disinfection.
2) However, it should be noted that when using aldehyde preparation for disinfection, the ambient temperature is higher than 20℃. With the decrease of temperature, the effect of aldehyde disinfectant will become worse.
3. Halogen pig pen disinfectant
1) Bleaching powder, sodium hypochlorite and potassium bisulfate are common. Halogen pig pen disinfectants have the advantage of strong killing effect and are effective against bacteria, viruses and spores;
2) Bleaching powder (calcium hypochlorite) and sodium hypochlorite have the disadvantage that they are too irritating and volatile, so they are often used for drinking water disinfection. Bleaching powder is also commonly used as a non hardening ground soil disinfectant in non repetitive pig farms.
3) Potassium bisulfate is a compound disinfectant, which mainly depends on free chlorine and oxygen atoms. Therefore, it has a broad spectrum. It can be used not only as a disinfectant for hand washing and pigs, but also for disinfection of article immersion. It is a designated disinfectant for killing circovirus.
4. Quaternary ammonium salt pig pen disinfectant
1) There are single chain and double chain disinfectants. Single chain has no pungent taste, mild nature, high safety and low corrosiveness. It is effective for bacteria and viruses. Double chain has a series of advantages of single chain, and the bactericidal effect is stronger than that of single chain.
2) Whether single chain or double chain, poor permeability is their common disadvantage. In production, it is often used to wash hands, disinfect pigs with swine disinfectant, and disinfect fences, vehicles, troughs and utensils.
5. Peroxide disinfectant
1) Peracetic acid, hydrogen peroxide and ozone are commonly used. Peracetic acid has strong bactericidal ability and is also widely used.
2) These three disinfectants, as a kind of disinfectant for livestock, have killing effects on bacteria, viruses, molds and spores, but they have pungent sour taste, which will cause pigs to sneeze, and they are volatile and corrosive to the fence. This kind of disinfectant usually disinfects by soaking, spraying and smearing.
6. Alkali disinfectant
1) Alkali disinfectants are characterized by low cost, strong permeability and stability, so they are commonly used in production; In addition, it also has the functions of expansion and decontamination. Commonly used are caustic soda and quicklime.
2) Alkali disinfectants can quickly penetrate into livestock and poultry organics, so as to kill bacteria, viruses and insect eggs. The disadvantage is that it is corrosive. For example, caustic soda can not be used as a swine disinfectant, but this kind of farm animal disinfectant can only be used in the empty pigsty stage. If the drying time is less than four days, pay particular attention to cleaning the enclosure before the pigs enter to avoid burning the pig's feet and skin. Breast burns are common in production, which managers should pay attention to.
7. Carbolic acid (phenol) disinfectant
1) Phenolic disinfectants have the advantages of low price and strong penetration, but their disadvantages are that they have weak effect on killing pathogenic microorganisms, and the effect on killing molds and bacteria is acceptable, but much worse on killing viruses and spores.
2) This kind of disinfectant has pungent smell and corrosiveness, and is often used in the external environment, such as disinfection pool at the gate of pig farm, sewage ditch.